Sign in to follow this  
stephen-gregory-yzerman

Red Wings Prospects

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

How's everyone feeling about Michael Brandsegg-Nygard's start to the pre-season. I know its the SHL pre-season (and international friendlies) but he's got like 4 goals in 3 games or something like that. Dude can absolutely bomb the puck. I think he's going to be a great pick and I already can't wait to see him on a line with Larkin and Raymond. Can you imagine having a hard working power forward on that line who is ALSO a trigger man? I'm sold.

What I like about this guy is probably exactly what I think you like about this guy.  All his highlights are even strength, and they're not all tap in goals from someone else's work.  Some of them are hits, some of them are him taking penalties, and some of them are him sniping goals from the 30-40'.  These are exactly the things ALL NHL teams are short on.  Everybody has a guy like Debrincat that can float around on power plays and pick up 50 of his 60 points on the man advantage.  Do you need a guy like that?  Sure.  Not saying he doesn't have a place.  But guys like MBN put a team over the top when the refs tighten up in the playoffs and you need to grind.  I think we got a good one in him.  I really don't care about his goal scoring, tbh.  It's nice, but it's not what makes me want him in the wheel.  I like him because he presses the play without the puck.  He's always moving and doing something.  He's a guy that's going to require minimal coaching.  If he hits the weight pile and gets ripped, he'll be a good one.  Floor Lapointe, Ceiling Shanahan.

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

What I like about this guy is probably exactly what I think you like about this guy.  All his highlights are even strength, and they're not all tap in goals from someone else's work.  Some of them are hits, some of them are him taking penalties, and some of them are him sniping goals from the 30-40'.  These are exactly the things ALL NHL teams are short on.  Everybody has a guy like Debrincat that can float around on power plays and pick up 50 of his 60 points on the man advantage.  Do you need a guy like that?  Sure.  Not saying he doesn't have a place.  But guys like MBN put a team over the top when the refs tighten up in the playoffs and you need to grind.  I think we got a good one in him.  I really don't care about his goal scoring, tbh.  It's nice, but it's not what makes me want him in the wheel.  I like him because he presses the play without the puck.  He's always moving and doing something.  He's a guy that's going to require minimal coaching.  If he hits the weight pile and gets ripped, he'll be a good one.  Floor Lapointe, Ceiling Shanahan.

I do agree with most of this. He reminds me a ton of Zach Hyman stylistically. Who doesn't want that guy riding shotgun on your top line? He's been awesome so far and I'm further in love with our farm system than I was before. He's a keeper and is going to look good on this team for a looooong time.

Edited by kipwinger

46 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I do agree with most of this. He reminds me a ton of Zach Hyman stylistically. Who doesn't want that guy riding shotgun on your top line? He's been awesome so far and I'm further in love with our farm system than I was before. He's a keeper and is going to look good on this team for a looooong time.

Yah, I feel like a Berggren-Danielson-MBN line could be the best "3rd Line" in the league.  15 minutes a night regular season, then 22 minutes a night playoffs.  All 3 play both ways, and all 3 are hungry.  Going to be interesting to see what happens this year.  

Raymond-Larkin-Tarasenko

Debrincat-Copp-Kane

Rasmussen-Kasper-Compher

Berggren-Danielson-MBN

Veleno/Fischer

That's a good FW lineup, imo.

5 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

If he hits the weight pile and gets ripped, he'll be a good one.  Floor Lapointe, Ceiling Shanahan.

MBN is already 6'1 over 200lbs. Hes one of our more phycally developed prospects which is why he might be fast tracked.

Pronman ranked our u23 players 14th in the league. 

1. Raymond 2. Danielson 3. Edvinsson. 4 ASP 5. Kasper 6. MBN 7. Cossa 8. Mazur 9. Buium 10. Augustine

I think this is going to be a really good core and Corey is sleeping on a few of them namely MBN and Mazur.

3 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

MBN is already 6'1 over 200lbs. Hes one of our more phycally developed prospects which is why he might be fast tracked.

Pronman ranked our u23 players 14th in the league. 

1. Raymond 2. Danielson 3. Edvinsson. 4 ASP 5. Kasper 6. MBN 7. Cossa 8. Mazur 9. Buium 10. Augustine

I think this is going to be a really good core and Corey is sleeping on a few of them namely MBN and Mazur.

Raymond isn't a prospect

ASP is probably going to be better than Ed

MBN and Mazur might already be better than Kasper

Augustine is going to be better than Cossa

I really think Kasper and Ed probably end up the most dissapointing of all our blue chips...

9 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Raymond isn't a prospect

I really think Kasper and Ed probably end up the most dissapointing of all our blue chips...

Welcome back, Troll E O

18 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Raymond isn't a prospect

Augustine is gonna kick Cossa to the curb ala Spartans style...

THIS.. IS.. DYING!!!!!! (300 STYLE) – Dying Well

2 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Augustine is gonna kick Cossa to the curb ala Spartans style...

THIS.. IS.. DYING!!!!!! (300 STYLE) – Dying Well

Narp... Cossa is my dark horse for the Canadian Olympic team... we're very thin at G, if he gets games this year and steals the starting job by Xmas 2025 he'll be selected.

On 8/28/2024 at 2:34 PM, Scott R Lucidi said:

Yah, I feel like a Berggren-Danielson-MBN line could be the best "3rd Line" in the league.  15 minutes a night regular season, then 22 minutes a night playoffs.  All 3 play both ways, and all 3 are hungry.  Going to be interesting to see what happens this year.  

Raymond-Larkin-Tarasenko

Debrincat-Copp-Kane

Rasmussen-Kasper-Compher

Berggren-Danielson-MBN

Veleno/Fischer

That's a good FW lineup, imo.

missing Motte

On 8/28/2024 at 11:36 PM, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Raymond isn't a prospect

This should be in bold predictions thread.

13 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

This should be in bold predictions thread.

Should it though? 

Raymond has been on the team for 3 full seasons.

In D+1 ASP has led his team to an SHL champion and earned the SHL norris. In D+3 Edogg still couldn't make the Wings. 

8 overall Kasper is being outscored by 3rd rounder Mazur. MBN already looks like the forward version of Seider in the SHL this season. 

In D+1 Augustine is on USAs WC team at 19 and team MVP for his NCAA club... a team that had the 2024 #2 overall pick on it. In D+3 Cossa is still splitting time in GR. 

Kasper, Cossa, and Ed are great prospects, but guys like ASP, MBN, and Trey are rising QUICKLY up the depth chart. Faster than the later was doing at the same age IMHO. 

Edited by Jimmybigrigs69

35 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Should it though? 

In D+1 ASP has led his team to an SHL champion and earned the SHL norris. In D+3 Edogg still couldn't make the Wings. 

8 overall Kasper is being outscored by 3rd rounder Mazur. MBN already looks like the forward version of Seider in the SHL this season. 

In D+1 Augustine is on USAs WC team at 19 and team MVP for his NCAA club... a team that had the 2024 #2 overall pick on it. In D+3 Cossa is still splitting time in GR. 

Kasper, Cossa, and Ed are great prospects, but guys like ASP, MBN, and Trey are rising QUICKLY up the depth chart. Faster than the later was doing at the same age IMHO. 

We suck up front.  Thats whats scary.  ZERO high end talent up front.

16 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Should it though? 

In all fairness to Kasper, he was coming back from a broken knee cap, That's why Mazur was doing somewhat better than him.

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

In all fairness to Kasper, he was coming back from a broken knee cap, That's why Mazur was doing somewhat better than him.

Kasper is a bottom 6er similar to Veleno

On 8/28/2024 at 2:02 PM, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Thinking bout the N in MBN

Dont lie. You're dreaming about the B for his Bronze Eggs.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Kasper is a bottom 6er similar to Veleno

I remember the crap I got last summer when I said he wouldn't make the roster.

I guess I'm watching a different Kasper than you guys.    The kid is tough as nails, controls the puck, makes smart plays and is always in front of the net. 

Looks like a John Tavares in training to me.

56 minutes ago, town123 said:

I guess I'm watching a different Kasper than you guys.    The kid is tough as nails, controls the puck, makes smart plays and is always in front of the net. 

Looks like a John Tavares in training to me.

Tavares? Now thats a bold prediction 

TBF I think he has at least Corey Emmerton upside at this point