• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Offersheeting Broberg

Rate this topic

I don't know.   If GM's are all basically former players then here's my view.

Players are highly competetive, that plus talent equals an NHL player.    Highly competitive people who become GM's don't drop the gloves without respecting future negative outcomes.  You want your GM to take a measured approach when dealing with his peers as the last thing your want is a target on your back.

If the Oil are going to be in trouble signing Broberg next year then just offer up a 1st and a 3rd and see if they accept.   If they don't, then drop the gloves with an offer sheet.....lol    Fence sitting or what?

1 hour ago, town123 said:

I don't know.   If GM's are all basically former players then here's my view.

Players are highly competetive, that plus talent equals an NHL player.    Highly competitive people who become GM's don't drop the gloves without respecting future negative outcomes.  You want your GM to take a measured approach when dealing with his peers as the last thing your want is a target on your back.

If the Oil are going to be in trouble signing Broberg next year then just offer up a 1st and a 3rd and see if they accept.   If they don't, then drop the gloves with an offer sheet.....lol    Fence sitting or what?

Great point.  I'm sure the SCAM is more polite in his dealings than I would be.

4 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I get it man, but still, you poke the nest and down the road you get poked back when Danielson and others get offersheeted just under the amount to give up any real compensation yet enough to force us to make a decision we don't want to make.  

As a team that's on the way up with an above average prospect pool,  this strategy could really hurt us in the end IMO.

15 hours ago, town123 said:

I get it man, but still, you poke the nest and down the road you get poked back when Danielson and others get offersheeted just under the amount to give up any real compensation yet enough to force us to make a decision we don't want to make.  

As a team that's on the way up with an above average prospect pool,  this strategy could really hurt us in the end IMO.

I agree offersheets are not a good idea.

What would it cost to get Nikishin out of Carolina? Id think a lot but man itd be fun to watch Nikishin-Seider as the top pair for the next decade.

17 hours ago, town123 said:

The GM that doesnt pay attention to the RULES needs to have his ass handed to him.  Playing Broberg 12 games in 2023-24 instead of 10 is a colossal mistake.  A team needs to make the Oilers pay for having a stupid management staff.  The Wings are one that can.  If the SCAM makes a stupid decision with our prospects down the road, then he will deserve the same treatment.  Starting to think Holland was dumped because he and his staff didnt keep Broberg and Holloway under 80 games played.  That is absolutely stupid.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Oilers will match. They can trim fat to get under cap, plus there's chatter about Evander Kane going on LTIR.

edit: Uh, did they match already?

Capture.thumb.JPG.5da3d0c1179b4abeaa2335176bc72e0d.JPG

No they did not match. He's automatically getting that salary now so he's just been input into puckpedia. 

But nothing is matched yet

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Oilers will match. They can trim fat to get under cap, plus there's chatter about Evander Kane going on LTIR.

edit: Uh, did they match already?

Capture.thumb.JPG.5da3d0c1179b4abeaa2335176bc72e0d.JPG

Yup.  Stupid ***** Bettman controlling an Oilers victory in 2025.  Kane LTIR until game 75 to allow the Oilers to get cap compliant.  But it's unthinkable for the Wings to LTIR Ville Husso 

19 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Yup.  Stupid ***** Bettman controlling an Oilers victory in 2025.  Kane LTIR until game 75 to allow the Oilers to get cap compliant.  But it's unthinkable for the Wings to LTIR Ville Husso 

I grow tired of this Yzerplan. D needs upgrade and a G needs to go. He was more than willing to toss Walman aside for nothing but cap relief, do the frick the same with Husso and Holl. Just dump them for a dollar. I saw an X post (can't find it now) stating that all it might take to acquire Ekblad is Chiarot and a 2nd. I'd be all over that... too bad I cannot find it, I'd like to see again who put it up there, if it was a legit TSN guy.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I grow tired of this Yzerplan. D needs upgrade and a G needs to go. He was more than willing to toss Walman aside for nothing but cap relief, do the frick the same with Husso and Holl. Just dump them for a dollar. I saw an X post (can't find it now) stating that all it might take to acquire Ekblad is Chiarot and a 2nd. I'd be all over that... too bad I cannot find it, I'd like to see again who put it up there, if it was a legit TSN guy.

I saw that too.  That is NOWHERE near accurate, tho.  That article was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  Ekblad + Bobrovski = 50% of that team's success.  You can't win with 10 Michael Rasmussens in the forward group UNLESS you have stud defensemen chewing up 90% of the minutes and a wall for a goalie.  The Red Wings had a chance to get there in the 3 seasons.  The SCAM has 2 strikes now under his belt, and their HUGE STRIKES of the looking variety (backwords K's), which sucks my aZshole raw.  1) Not getting Lindholm in UFA was retarded.  Could have had him for 10 mil a year, and the SCAM goes full regard.  Now he has a chance to get a budding superstar defensemen at 6.75 mil a year for 5 years for the cost of pick #19 and pick #83 in next year's draft, and the SCAM goes full regard again and doesn't even make an effort.  This guys has ZERO business sense.  Good evaluator of young talent.  I will give him that.  He's a great judge of young players and their character.  And there's a spot for that in the hockey world = Head Scout.  But having a head scout for a GM is not a good thing.  We need a guy that knows when there's an opportunity to REALLY improve the roster (Not Ben No Defense Chiarot and his GIMPY old partner, Uncle Jeff) and takes advantage of it.  

Broberg - Seider

Edvinsson - ASP

Johansson - Maatta

Holl

We could have absolutely FKED this year with this defense.  What the hell is the SCAM doing for the last month, anyways?  A whole of aZs nugget picking is what.

12 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I saw that too.  That is NOWHERE near accurate, tho.  That article was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  Ekblad + Bobrovski = 50% of that team's success.  You can't win with 10 Michael Rasmussens in the forward group UNLESS you have stud defensemen chewing up 90% of the minutes and a wall for a goalie.  The Red Wings had a chance to get there in the 3 seasons.  The SCAM has 2 strikes now under his belt, and their HUGE STRIKES of the looking variety (backwords K's), which sucks my aZshole raw.  1) Not getting Lindholm in UFA was retarded.  Could have had him for 10 mil a year, and the SCAM goes full regard.  Now he has a chance to get a budding superstar defensemen at 6.75 mil a year for 5 years for the cost of pick #19 and pick #83 in next year's draft, and the SCAM goes full regard again and doesn't even make an effort.  This guys has ZERO business sense.  Good evaluator of young talent.  I will give him that.  He's a great judge of young players and their character.  And there's a spot for that in the hockey world = Head Scout.  But having a head scout for a GM is not a good thing.  We need a guy that knows when there's an opportunity to REALLY improve the roster (Not Ben No Defense Chiarot and his GIMPY old partner, Uncle Jeff) and takes advantage of it.  

Broberg - Seider

Edvinsson - ASP

Johansson - Maatta

Holl

We could have absolutely FKED this year with this defense.  What the hell is the SCAM doing for the last month, anyways?  A whole of aZs nugget picking is what.

That defensive group would go through some big time growing pains

13 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Broberg - Seider

Edvinsson - ASP

Johansson - Maatta

Holl

Yeah. Elias makes 10 mil for 44 points. Brilliant, Scott.

And Hampus is currently getting 6.5. For someone critical of Yzermans business sense, paying 10 mil for the guy is laughable.

And your top 5 D having minimal NHL experience is hilarious.

Edited by Axl Foley

I see that the Oilers are offering up Ceci and Kulak for trade to clear cap space.   I'm thinking the teams that have space will be raping Bowman with their asks.  (sorry Hawks, had to do it)

4 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Yeah. Elias makes 10 mil for 44 points. Brilliant, Scott.

And Hampus is currently getting 6.5. For someone critical of Yzermans business sense, paying 10 mil for the guy is laughable.

And your top 5 D having minimal NHL experience is hilarious.

Youre right.  We won the cup last year.  I forgot.  Sorry.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

You're a wise man.  The Blues just ASS RAPED the Oilers.  I cannot fricking believe it.

It's dissapointing and sad what Katz is doing. Holland built a juggernaut roster in Edmonton, that would have won that series against the cats 99/100 times if they replayed it. Now he's replaced Holland with a guy who literally let his players be sodomized, and wouldn't ya know it, Doug ArmSTRONG immediately bends that rape apologist over a barrel and rapes him, not once, but TWICE. 

I don't know that I can cheer for that team anymore. Draisaitl is going to jet on them and Connor will never win a McCup. 

Im liking muh habies again now that they scooped Laine.

3 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

It's dissapointing and sad what Katz is doing. Holland built a juggernaut roster in Edmonton, that would have won that series against the cats 99/100 times if they replayed it. Now he's replaced Holland with a guy who literally let his players be sodomized, and wouldn't ya know it, Doug ArmSTRONG immediately bends that rape apologist over a barrel and rapes him, not once, but TWICE. 

I don't know that I can cheer for that team anymore. Draisaitl is going to jet on them and Connor will never win a McCup. 

Im liking muh habies again now that they scooped Laine.

Oilers fans dont realize they just lost 2 fully trained jedis.