Troy McClure

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

ah, does that mean that other teams cannot out bid them?

It means that the price is set. Either Edmonton matches or St. Louis gets them at the contract that was accepted in the offer sheet. 

Ive been listening to a few podcasts who all say Nate making it out of camp to be our 2C is a legit thing.  I would love if this happened, also makes line 3 more of a threat at the same time because I love JT & Copp together.  Then Nate with Kane and Tarasenko?  Yes please.  A kid and 2 old goats line 

5 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

Ive been listening to a few podcasts who all say Nate making it out of camp to be our 2C is a legit thing.  I would love if this happened, also makes line 3 more of a threat at the same time because I love JT & Copp together.  Then Nate with Kane and Tarasenko?  Yes please.  A kid and 2 old goats line 

Definitely don't like the idea of having a near 15 million dollar third line

acquire Ekblad, trade Holl and Husso for chicken coupons.

Seider is comparable to Faber. If he gets more than $8.5M, it's a travesty. I'm tired of all the dilly dally. 

Seider 8x$8.5M

Raymond 8x$7.5M

trim fat after that and upgrade the D!

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Make the lines and pairings however you want. Here is the opening night roster.

Capture.JPG.c4a3df6687b4ea9319def6af9b504dc0.JPG

When we're in the playoffs come TDL, acquire Trouba (50% retained) (if his wife is done) and here we go!

If Danielson isn't playing in the top nine, he should be in Grand rapids

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So rumor has it Raymond and Wings are nowhere close on the money on a contract... I have no patience for a greedy player. Nor a need.

you don't even know what the contract offers/demands are.  If Raymond is asking for 8 years/6 million per, so you think he's being greedy?

Hoping RayRay signs soon as well as Seider.

I can't imagine a world where someone offersheets Lucas for 8.5M per and we don't match.   Chuck the 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Now think about SY saying NO to paying Raymond his asking price and he's a FA next offseason.... yikes

This is all just made-up media narrative because it's a slow time of year. Raymond and Seider both want to be Red Wings and they're both going to get PAID. You think it's an accident that we have just enough cap space to give them both 8.5 million dollar contracts if it comes to that? SY has a history of driving a hard bargain on contracts and this is no different. If Kyle Dubas was the GM they'd already be signed, but thankfully Yzerman uses his leverage a little bit better and gets his guys on good contracts instead of handing them the bag. Both these guys will be signed by training camp, you can bet on it.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This is all just made-up media narrative because it's a slow time of year. Raymond and Seider both want to be Red Wings and they're both going to get PAID. You think it's an accident that we have just enough cap space to give them both 8.5 million dollar contracts if it comes to that? SY has a history of driving a hard bargain on contracts and this is no different. If Kyle Dubas was the GM they'd already be signed, but thankfully Yzerman uses his leverage a little bit better and gets his guys on good contracts instead of handing them the bag. Both these guys will be signed by training camp, you can bet on it.

Update from Paymond and his agent on the ongoing contract negotiation:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe0J2kiQP4PibEU0LAcO5

22 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

you don't even know what the contract offers/demands are.  If Raymond is asking for 8 years/6 million per, so you think he's being greedy?

Also angry at Yzerman. He's backed himself into a corner. He needs to trim fat today. Just freaking send Husso to Vancouver for a low pick, send Holl to Edmonton for futures. He doesn't have enough cap space to sign all three RFA's and stay under the cap. He also gave Veleno and Rasmussen TOO MUCH money. Trade Maatta as well. Go with Seider, Edvinsson and Johansson in their places. But there has to be a middle ground with players and management. Raymond knows what cap they are dealing with, so does Seider, plus Yzerman knows the players he needs to have on this team. Dump the players you don't need(the ones mentioned above.) Do a team friendly 2-year deal, or even 1 and get paid next off season when we lose a few contracts. I am angry because neither side is coming to an agreement.

You do not need, nor will you suffer from getting rid of Husso, Holl, or Maatta.

This is truly becoming a Yzerfail because of where he has put himself with other players contracts.

Edited by LeftWinger

44 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Also angry at Yzerman. He's backed himself into a corner. He needs to trim fat today. Just freaking send Husso to Vancouver for a low pick, send Holl to Edmonton for futures. He doesn't have enough cap space to sign all three RFA's and stay under the cap. He also gave Veleno and Rasmussen TOO MUCH money. Trade Maatta as well. Go with Seider, Edvinsson and Johansson in their places. But there has to be a middle ground with players and management. Raymond knows what cap they are dealing with, so does Seider, plus Yzerman knows the players he needs to have on this team. Dump the players you don't need(the ones mentioned above.) Do a team friendly 2-year deal, or even 1 and get paid next off season when we lose a few contracts. I am angry because neither side is coming to an agreement.

You do not need, nor will you suffer from getting rid of Husso, Holl, or Maatta.

This is truly becoming a Yzerfail because of where he has put himself with other players contracts.

The Chiarot and Petry deals are tremendous eye sores for the Wings right now.  The SCAM is making really poor choices atm.

Broberg, Edvinsson, Johansson, ASP @ 8 mil.

OR

Chiarot, Petry, Lagesson, Gustafsson @ 11 mil.

He could have made trades with EDM to help them save face, too.  

Same bullshet as Holland.  The SCAM is a chickenshet fraud.  Works 3 days a year and coasts the rest.

I DON'T trust the Yzerplan at the moment.  The Red Wings are one knee injury away from needing to completely restart this rebuild.  It happened in the past.  Do we all think we can just avoid injuries forever now?  I dont.

Ok, bear with this. I made some moves and gave the 2 Big Guys more money.

Signed both Seider and Raymond to 8x$9M deals.

Signed Berggren 3x$1.25M

Vancouver is in need of a Goalie with Demko's injury, we are in need of cap relief, so I dealt Husso to them for a 4th round pick.

Edmonton is in need of a RHD, again to relieve cap I sent them Holl for a 6th in 2025.

Florida wants cap space, wants a player with familiarity, I traded them Chiarot and a 3rd for Ekblad.

We needed a 13th forward and I didn't want to call up any of our kids to just sit most the season, so I signed UFA Liam Kirk to a 2 year $875k deal to be the rotating guy. He did pretty good in Chechia last season. Plus, he is still young and can be a help to GR when other players start coming up. Give or take Kirk, no big deal, I just didn't want to bring up Danielson or Nygaard to be the 13th forward, plus we still have over $2M available in cap.

Also, I know $5.6M is a lot to have on your 4th line, but I was just going with that 3-some because of the chemistry they had last season before Ras went out. Change the lines however you feel and if you would rather have one of our kids up instead of Kirk, that's cool too.

Capture.JPG.52add35919adc1c59181699b8ea2eddf.JPG

Edited by LeftWinger

I'll $hit my pants if either makes more $$$ aav than Larkin (especially Raymond) with this upcoming contract...That said I could see both making more after a 3 year bridge and  signing long term for a higher aav.

Either way both will be in camp in a few weeks.

Edited by Motor City Mullets

On 8/28/2024 at 2:16 PM, LeftWinger said:

Cap space has nothing to do with how much Yzerman is willing to pay. He would not pay more even if they had 30 million in cap.