Troy McClure

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The offers are 8.5 x 8 OR 9.5 x 3 for both.  

Agents are going after more.

Longer term would be higher and shorter would be lower but Id take both at 8x8.5 all day.

On 8/29/2024 at 6:26 PM, Motor City Mullets said:

I'll $hit my pants if either makes more $$$ aav than Larkin (especially Raymond) with this upcoming contract...That said I could see both making more after a 3 year bridge and  signing long term for a higher aav.

Either way both will be in camp in a few weeks.

I agree just hope both get locked up longterm rather than bridge.

19 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

...and meanwhile, Hughes and Bouchard are both top 10 defensemen in the league.

4 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Continue to ponder what was Holland & Co thinking when taking the 1-trick pony in Zadina over Hughes who was 40 miles down the road at AA?

Tyler Wright is really good at his job. 

18 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

927i15.jpg

Holland clearly hit the Juk ******* Pott with picking Zadina over Bouchard or Hughes. Especially when a Defensemen was what he was talking about taking! AND one of those two were the talk!

meanwhile...

I bet Kane is loving that he re-signed here now realizing Raymond and Seider seemingly won't be playing anytime soon. 

And WTF is with Berggren? TSN was saying deal should be done over the weekend. (That was last weekend.)

Just trade Husso for $1 and Holl for $.50 already. This team is going nowhere with Husso a part of it. Is it ok to pray for LTIR?

Yzerplan needs an oil change, it's starting to get sludgy.

Edited by LeftWinger

23 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Ahhhhhh

17 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Continue to ponder what was Holland & Co thinking when taking the 1-trick pony in Zadina over Hughes who was 40 miles down the road at AA?

I'm fairly sure they were using public draft boards and "couldn't belive their luck" that Zadina slid to them...  where other teams knew to avoid him.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Ahhhhhh

I'm fairly sure they were using public draft boards and "couldn't belive their luck" that Zadina slid to them...  where other teams knew to avoid him.

Zadina was a highly coveted F. The first two players taken were considered better. Kotkaniemi and Hayton were taken over him because Montreal and Phoenix wanted centers, not because they thought he was a bust. Ottawa was arguably the only team that maybe you could say that. Vancouver would have taken Zadina if Holland had not. 

59 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Zadina was a highly coveted F. The first two players taken were considered better. Kotkaniemi and Hayton were taken over him because Montreal and Phoenix wanted centers, not because they thought he was a bust. Ottawa was arguably the only team that maybe you could say that. Vancouver would have taken Zadina if Holland had not. 

we can only wish Holland had not. Again, not because he wasn't a highly ranked prospect, he was, but because we needed a d-man, badly! He talked all off season (IIRC) that he wanted to go big on D (get your mind out of the gutter!) at the draft. But, if it was BPA, then so be it.

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Holland clearly hit the Juk ******* Pott with picking Zadina over Bouchard or Hughes. Especially when a Defensemen was what he was talking about taking! AND one of those two were the talk!

meanwhile...

I bet Kane is loving that he re-signed here now realizing Raymond and Seider seemingly won't be playing anytime soon. 

And WTF is with Berggren? TSN was saying deal should be done over the weekend. (That was last weekend.)

Just trade Husso for $1 and Holl for $.50 already. This team is going nowhere with Husso a part of it. Is it ok to pray for LTIR?

Yzerplan needs an oil change, it's starting to get sludgy.

Speaking of oil... bowman literally got upcoming UFA draisatl done, on a massive deal, b4 scam could get ANY of his RFAs done. WTF man?

It's been a hilariously bad past year for SY. Buying out Yammoto for Kostin. Then giving Kostin away for nothing. Then giving up Fabbri for nothing. Then giving up Walman for nothing. And giving up a 2nd with Walman for nothing. And giving up Gibson to get that 2nd. And not helping your team at the TDL. And missing the playoffs bc you didnt help them at the TDL. 

Losing assets and missing the playoffs... bold strategy, I like it (AAAAAAAAAA TAKE ME WITH YOU JOHNNY! RIP)

Don't need to start the season with Seider, Ray, or johhny bergs anyway boys, because we got a 36 year old PATRICK I'LL DEFINATELY NEVER EVER SLOW DOWN MAFUQQIN KANE WOOOOOOOOOO. IF MO AND RAY WONT SIGN JUST KEEP HUSSO AND HOLL WOOOOOOOO.

I DON'T CARE IF THE ROSTER IS A PROBLEM, OR WHO I HURT, I FEEL AWESOME.

I just wish we knew what the hell was going on. In the UFA world, obviously we don't know if he approached a bunch and they just didn't want to come here. I'll go back to last summer, when Chicago did not qualify Strome. Did Yzerman contact his agent? Did he not want to come here? Was $5M too much? I'd say 67 points on an equally bad Washington team and being a legit 2nd line center for us, and young, would've been worth $5M. But we don't know if he wanted to be a Red Wing or not. So, the UFA game is tough, even if we could've afforded certain players, but trades are simpler (as long as there is no NTC/NMC.) A few deals went down that Yzerman easily could've matched or bettered, along with making the team better, or freeing up much needed cap space and roster spots. Giving those players away for free basically is unacceptable. Just because they got in the doghouse somehow, doesn't mean there is no value. Gibson just signed in April and he was traded in June. That's not good business. Fabbri deal was ok considering he was freeing up cap space and a roster spot, which is what he needs to do more of. Husso needs to go, Holl needs to go, there are teams out there that need a G and a RHD, we're not one of them, make room to sign your future. Make your D better via trade! Nothing is worse than a GM who refuses to right their wrongs.

3 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Oilers are gonna become Tronna Part Deux...All that $$$ tied up in a handful of guys...At least they made it to game 7.

this year.....sure

next year might not make it out of the 1st round who knows

also hasn't Draisaitl been hurt the last 2 years in playoffs?

17 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Elliotte Friedman reporting that an 8 year extension for Moritz Seider is nearly done, Now lets get Lucas Raymond signed long term. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a 3 year bridge instead.

I cannot find any info on Seider from Freidman

On 9/4/2024 at 9:37 AM, LeftWinger said:

I just wish we knew what the hell was going on. In the UFA world, obviously we don't know if he approached a bunch and they just didn't want to come here. I'll go back to last summer, when Chicago did not qualify Strome. Did Yzerman contact his agent? Did he not want to come here? Was $5M too much? I'd say 67 points on an equally bad Washington team and being a legit 2nd line center for us, and young, would've been worth $5M. But we don't know if he wanted to be a Red Wing or not. So, the UFA game is tough, even if we could've afforded certain players, but trades are simpler (as long as there is no NTC/NMC.) A few deals went down that Yzerman easily could've matched or bettered, along with making the team better, or freeing up much needed cap space and roster spots. Giving those players away for free basically is unacceptable. Just because they got in the doghouse somehow, doesn't mean there is no value. Gibson just signed in April and he was traded in June. That's not good business. Fabbri deal was ok considering he was freeing up cap space and a roster spot, which is what he needs to do more of. Husso needs to go, Holl needs to go, there are teams out there that need a G and a RHD, we're not one of them, make room to sign your future. Make your D better via trade! Nothing is worse than a GM who refuses to right their wrongs.

Righting wrongs would require retaining salary, taking on other bad contracts, or giving up picks/prospects. Something everyone already complains about now.