• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Troy McClure

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

This inactivity on the Seider and Raymond contracts is bugging the snot out of me.

Why wait?

Maybe for the buyout period? Maybe they'll be a buyout and a trade? But I agree, unless they're gonna cost you more than $19M, what's the reason it's not done yet...

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

This inactivity on the Seider and Raymond contracts is bugging the snot out of me.

Why wait?

Maybe Ken Holland should sign one to an offer sheet?

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Maybe for the buyout period? Maybe they'll be a buyout and a trade? But I agree, unless they're gonna cost you more than $19M, what's the reason it's not done yet...

Yzerman is not quick about re-signing free agents. A lot of it is waiting to see how the market unfolds as far as comparable player contracts and arbitrations.

14 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I can see Yzerman waiting as long as September. These two contracts are going to define much of the next decade for the Red Wings.

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Veleno signs 2 year $2.28M AAV.

Not bad I guess. But if the big 2 take $16M+ there has to be a buyout or trade. 

https://x.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1814392373436399702?t=Q-lf2auciQVjzgC6zrGO0g&s=19

IMHO he got a good deal considering he doesn’t bring anything to either the 3rd or 4th lines.

If there’s anyone on this roster that needs to watch Draper/Maltby clips - it’s him.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Veleno signs 2 year $2.28M AAV.

Not bad I guess. But if the big 2 take $16M+ there has to be a buyout or trade. 

https://x.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1814392373436399702?t=Q-lf2auciQVjzgC6zrGO0g&s=19

This guy is about to have a 30-35 pt season next year, and a 35-40 pt season the year after that.  All with pretty limited minutes and pretty limited line mates.  I'd say he does what he's expected to do.  This is a good contract.  Will keep him RFA at end of contract, as well.  I give the SCAM and Veleno's agent a solid A rating for this deal.