• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Troy McClure

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

If I was a betting man I'd say Sprong will likely find out that most teams out there won't give him what he wants and he'll re-sign with Detroit for 1 to 3 years.

Basically I'm also saying, we got a gift when Kane re-signed. Let's not waste the year he gave us and be worse. We have to get better on D and F. G we're just gonna have to hold on tight and watch what happens...

1 minute ago, Motor City Mullets said:

who ?

Your guess is a good as mine, but hey, we got him! #Yzerplan!

20240701_225423.thumb.jpg.c7a1c788d12cd208ed05b029e145c43b.jpg

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Basically I'm also saying, we got a gift when Kane re-signed. Let's not waste the year he gave us and be worse. We have to get better on D and F. G we're just gonna have to hold on tight and watch what happens...

we're going to waste it.  The SCAM doesn't know how to manage a roster.

13 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

A few tidbits on Trouba since we are the rumored destination...

>I personally know a kid who played with him in high school. And he always said he never cared for him because he was the type of kid that would tattle to the coach, and his own mom/parents, if anyone did anything that slightly upset little Jakey.

>one of the producers on spittin chiclets is an NYR fan and ripped into how bad trouba is live on air. Not anything you haven't heard before from any hardcore fan on a player they dont like. But the next day Trouba took to twitter to address it, but he didnt clap back at chiclets or defend his play, he quoted a buncha suicide stastics about pro athletes, in some bizarre attempt to persuade folks to stop picking on him or maybe he would kill himself? I don't think he's actually suicidal, just stupid and kinda a betch. 

>Now reports are coming out from NYR that he is not handling the news that he's leaving well. Surprise surprise. 

I think he's Probably a good kid, but he doesn't seem to handle adversity very well. You expect a leader to be stoic... maybe angry... but the feeling sorry for yourself bit is something he should grew out of a long time ago. I say avoid this guy and is bloated contract. 

I made this comment last night about Trouba's generaly petulant attitude... and well, he's whined and cried his way into getting what he wants again lol

Newest report out is teams no longer want to trade for him, knowing that they can't accomodate his family (Which is also probably doublespeak for his poor attitude).

I'm sorry but I actually feel bad for the Rags for once. This kid is such a lil baby betch. And honestly it's insulting to all the players in the league.

Every year pretty much 100% of players that are traded go through the process without causing any stink. They uproot their families and upend their entire lives, sometimes leaving their families behind to live in another city for awhile, and we never hear a peep about it... almost like it's part of the job. You think Gretsky WANTED to go to LA? Nope, but he bought the ticket, he took the ride.

But not Jacob Trouba. His situation is different. Special. His wife has a big IMPORTANT job in New York City! He couldn't possibly be expected to behave like every other professional NHLer. He won the Mark Messier Leadership Award! Living in NYC with his wife is Jacob's favorite thing. Why would you cause literal trauma to jacob, by forcing him to make new arrangements that are not his favorite ones! Other pros? Yes, maybe unplanned trades are for them, but not jacob. He couldn't possibly. 

I don't think he realizes, but he's already finished himself, unless he puts on some big boy real pants soon. Handcuffing your team like this? Have fun. Your owner, manager, and coach hate you now. Your teammates probably resent you now, and you're going to be the one blamed for everything that goes wrong. Have a blast suiting up for 3rd pair duties with an 8 million dollar contract, that your team had every right to trade, while MSG boos you for screwing their season. 

If I was Drury I would waive his ass to the AHL and instruct the coach to scratch him until the contract ends. You'll get your money kid, but im not buying you out, ill take my cap relief and bury your career. Don't like it? Well I'd trade you somewhere, but oops! You cried so hard teams dont want you anymore! Better get your agent working the phones to convince a team to trade for you again. Otherwise, you're going to have to agree to a mutual contract termination, or just accept the remaining salary and realize your career is over... and if you ever try to make a comeback in your mid 30s, I suggest you ask for a full NMC next time, instead of interfering with my front office. SEE YA NEVER! 

8 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think Talbot is going to be much of an improvement over Husso and Lyon?  Especially with this team's defense?

Not sure he's meant to be. He's insurance in case Lyon was a fluke year and Husso never returns to form. I expect we will run 3 goalies again. What're the chances all 3 are poop? Right? 

We're just waiting for Cossa and Augustine to develop at this point. 

11 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Johansson is NOT waiver exempt. If he gets waived, he gets claimed. Ed is waiver exempt. If he gets sent down, he clears. Who do you honestly believe gets sent down to GR? And no, SY is not sending down Holl. He would buy him out before taking that cap hit.

I dont think either will be waived. Therell be a spot for Ed in the top 4 and AJo will be the 6/7 dman by Oct. But if one had to be waived it would be AJo and no he wouldnt be claimed. Hes a dime a dozen dman that almost every team has in there system nothing special.

10 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Edvinsson is our 2nd best defenseman.  Wtf is everyone smoking?

Hes top 3-4 no question.

1 hour ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

I dont think either will be waived. Therell be a spot for Ed in the top 4 and AJo will be the 6/7 dman by Oct. But if one had to be waived it would be AJo and no he wouldnt be claimed. Hes a dime a dozen dman that almost every team has in there system nothing special.

Hes top 3-4 no question.

What makes you think that? 

10 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think Talbot is going to be much of an improvement over Husso and Lyon?  Especially with this team's defense?

Maybe Husso's just done. He did have that injury in December, tried to come back, then gone again in like 2 periods...

Just now, Wings3:16 said:

Maybe Husso's just done. He did have that injury in December, tried to come back, then gone again in like 2 periods...

LTIR him and get 3.5 off the books ? Scott has been clamoring to do this for a long while. It's called Vegas'ing the salary cap

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

LTIR him and get 3.5 off the books ? Scott has been clamoring to do this for a long while. It's called Vegas'ing the salary cap

yah, this move is 100% obvious.  It's like IN YOUR FACE obvious.  If the SCAM starts the season with the roster like it is today, we're in trouble.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

To be clear, I never wanted Chychrun…but…Washington gave a worse package for Chychrun than we gave to San Jose for nothing in the Walman trade. 

you've been beating the Chychrun drum for months.  You love Chychrun.

55 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

To be clear, I never wanted Chychrun…but…Washington gave a worse package for Chychrun than we gave to San Jose for nothing in the Walman trade. 

We sold them Jensen for a 2nd... so Caps essentially paid a 2nd + 3rd for Chychrun? 

So yeah, Walman + 2nd for nothing is dogshat. 

To SY's credit, I really do think there was something brewing between DET, SJS, and NYR involving Goodrow, Walman, and Trouba. I don't think it happened all at once, as 3way trades normally do, and they did it in stages, because of the backroom trade clause circumvention that was required to get Goodrow claimed.

But now crybaby Trouba has effectively tantrumed his way out of SY wanting him, we are sorta caught holding the bag. 

Also Chychrun sucks dick at actually defending. He got exposed in Ottawa. No way they were getting their investment back. Just the sens being sens. 

10 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Nylander 8 x 11.5 just hit on tsn.ca site multiple times....has he been cloned and there are 3 of him?

William, Villiam, and Williamson Nylander. 

They take up 1/3 of the cap space for a team, but they swede so hard, you get a real boner if you're Sven.  @Akakabuto

9 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

It just occurred to me that every team Tyler bertuzzi has played for in his career has been original six

Patrick Kane too, right?  Though one team less so not as impressive a coincidence.