• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Troy McClure

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

The Roy contract is the only one thats got me peeved. That would've made sense for us. I doubt the Sens would have made the same deal with us for Chychrun, after last summer and being in the same division.

Talbot-Lyon should make us  a little better next year. Now get rid of Husso.

The Lagesson signing is completely non-consequential.

Glad we didn't resign Perron. Oof.

I guess we are getting younger up front. Sprong not coming back, I assume.

Defense still need serious fixing and that got me a little anxious.

This gotta mean that Ghost is gone

"...a move waiting in the wings" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

UFA's left I am interested in:

Adam Boqvist 

Erik Brannstrom 

Vlad Terensenko

Anything else is going to have to be a trade. WTF happened to the Trouba trade? We still need to upgrade our D. Trading Walman and losing Ghost (not yet) makes our D worse. Way worse...

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Duhaime is a guy I wouldn't have minded at that price.

Agreed, but he came out a few weeks ago and and said he wanted to stay in Dallas and was willing to take take a paycut.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed, but he came out a few weeks ago and and said he wanted to stay in Dallas and was willing to take take a paycut.

And then he signed for the Caps...

I think you thought I meant Duchene

6 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

The annual July 1st Leftwinger Meltdown.

Nah, not for a long time and nowhere near what used to go on. You can't say that most of us aren't underwhelmed. Hoping for trades now.

We've added Jack Campbell.

Still available: Brannstrom, Boqvist, Tarasenko and Roslovic. 

Edited by LeftWinger

Talbot is our next Reimer...Hopefully he and Lyon will share the crease 50/50...Husso can stay in GR until he gets healthy and learns how to stop a puck again (without getting hurt).

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Henrique is still available too. It'd be nice to add to our forward group. Kane and Fischer are back. But we lost Perron and Sprong won't be back.

Tarasenko would be a nice add, but might be pricey.

The way teams are throwing around $$$ there may not be much left for a 2nd rate UFA like Sprong...I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs with Detroit for a fair raise that works for both sides.

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Henrique is still available too. It'd be nice to add to our forward group. Kane and Fischer are back. But we lost Perron and Sprong won't be back.

When did we re-sign Fischer?

You are right Talbot is the next Reimer 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Talbot is our next Reimer...Hopefully he and Lyon will share the crease 50/50...Husso can stay in GR until he gets healthy and learns how to stop a puck again (without getting hurt).

With signing both Talbot and Campbell I hope Husso is out the door. Even if it's a buyout.

Talbot is old, but he’s much better than Reimer. In all honesty, I expect him to start this year over Husso and Lyon.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Talbot is old, but he’s much better than Reimer. In all honesty, I expect him to start this year over Husso and Lyon.

His miles on the odometer is getting up there, but hopefully he won't blow a gasket for us these next 2 seasons...With Yzerman being fairly quiet I'm wondering if there's still a trade/s to be made (ahem Trouba)...

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Perron + Sprong = 35 goals

The Wings plan to make that up spreading some more goals across Ray/Kane/Larkin/Berggren?

Any rumors on what Sprong is wanting?

1 minute ago, Motor City Mullets said:

His miles on the odometer is getting up there, but hopefully he won't blow a gasket for us these next 2 seasons...With Yzerman being fairly quiet I'm wondering if there's still a trade/s to be made (ahem Trouba)...

I think signing Gustavsson pretty much killed that trade. When Seider signs, we'll have 7 defensemen before add Edvinsson and Johansson. IMO 2 more need to go. Holl and either Maatta or Petry.