• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Troy McClure

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

I don't buy this. Why wasn't Holl waived today then? There's nothing timing wise to prevent that. Also why would a 2nd have to be included? Walman for free should be worth enough as is. 

Maybe because of this >

15 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Would that be legal? It would be pretty obiovous that they’re working around his NTC. 

Avoid suspicion from the league? I dont know its just a rumor I saw online. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

But now Lebrun claims we are still trying to add Ghost. Not what I would do, but maybe he is the best option for the right side in our price range. Because another insider is saying Yzerman is lurking on a Guentzel trade...

Id rather Roy over Gost not sure the cost tho.

16 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Would that be legal? It would be pretty obiovous that they’re working around his NTC. 

It's actually a class 2 misdemeanor with a penalty of up to 45 days in jail.  You also can be registered on the NTC offender's list if the player makes over 3.5 million a season.

3 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

It's actually a class 2 misdemeanor with a penalty of up to 45 days in jail.  You also can be registered on the NTC offender's list if the player makes over 3.5 million a season.

Would that make Yzerman having to knock every players door and presenting himself as a NTC offender?

Edited by Akakabuto

16 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

I digress... There's 2 users on HF boards asserting they have some level of inside knowledge. 1 is a well known user who's father briefly played for the wings way back when, and i dont think hes a liar. He says the orders to bench Walman down the stretch came directly from up top... because Walman sucks. He might be right about management ordering his benching, but I think "bc he sucks" is his own reasoning to explain why (he doesn't like walmans play). User 2 is somebody im much less familiar with and he says that coaching and management were sick of his partying away from the rink and massive ego in the lockeroom, and his antics have become well known.

My guess is something happened during the Arizona/Vegas road trip that was the last straw for Yzerman. Walman was benched during/after that trip i believe. Something happened in vegas and it didnt stay there.

To me, it's pretty clear that he landed in Yzermanager's doghouse. (I remember Lalonde saying something like "He's not himself" when he was asked why Walman wasn't playing.) Idk, maybe I'm off on this, but it screams Vrana 2.0 to me, and I'm surprised so many people - like those on the HF boards - are all like "WOW THIS MAKES ZERO SENSE! I JUST CAN'T WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THIS!"

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

To me, it's pretty clear that he landed in Yzermanager's doghouse. (I remember Lalonde saying something like "He's not himself" when he was asked why Walman wasn't playing.) Idk, maybe I'm off on this, but it screams Vrana 2.0 to me, and I'm surprised so many people - like those on the HF boards - are all like "WOW THIS MAKES ZERO SENSE! I JUST CAN'T WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THIS!"

Or "THIS MUST MEAN A HUGE DEAL IS COMING" Stop trying to justify the worst on paper trade in yzerhistory. Only way this makes any sense is if this guy violated team policy in a very bad way. 

17 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Maybe because of this >

Avoid suspicion from the league? I dont know its just a rumor I saw online. 

Id rather Roy over Gost not sure the cost tho.

Meh rangers and sharks just obviously did it with Goodrow.

5 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Or "THIS MUST MEAN A HUGE DEAL IS COMING" Stop trying to justify the worst on paper trade in yzerhistory. Only way this makes any sense is if this guy violated team policy in a very bad way. 

It does make a big deal more feasible. But yeah, I'm kinda over this whole 4D chess thing. Yzerman's pretty much said that this rebuild's gonna take 90 years and that he can't pull a McDavid out of his hat so, welp, gotta be super-patient and keep swinging and missing on 2nd-round picks.

Prove me wrong, Steven. Do something truly wild.

Edited by Dabura

5 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Stop taking my Copium from me

48 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Yep. The PA would be ALL over that.

28 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Would that make Yzerman having to knock every players door and presenting himself as a NTC offender?

there's a list. it's different than the list 9 is on.

Edited by Axl Foley

1 hour ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Rumor is the future considerations is Grier has to claim Holl off waivers couldnt be included in the trade because San Jose is on his notrade list. If thats what this is its a masterclass by Yzerman clearing up $6.8m to go big game hunting.

Yeah - I read about this elsewhere too...Pretty damn savvy.

8 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Yeah - I read about this elsewhere too...Pretty damn savvy.

Its the only thing that makes sense. It might not be this but there has to be something else involving SJ and the future considerations. Theres no way Walman goes unclaimed if waived so why attach a very valuable 2nd round pick if theres nothing else to it?

33 minutes ago, Dabura said:

But it doesnt make sense so?

4 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

If every gm knew he was damaged goods someone in media would also know it and every fan would know it. This seems more unlikely then the FC theory to me.

He's not damaged goods.  He's probably just not a good fit chemistry wise and the Wings wanted to dump his salary.  If it turns out that Holl is placed on waivers and SJ, having first claim, pick him up, then the SCAM will have pulled off a fantastic maneuver.  Log jam on defense cleared, tons of cap space open.  Boom.

4 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

If every gm knew he was damaged goods someone in media would also know it and every fan would know it. This seems more unlikely then the FC theory to me.

No one came out and said Vrana had a drug problem...and then it was announced that he had a drug problem.

It's entirely possible I'm wrong and Walman isn't damaged goods. But if he's damaged goods and Yzerman was desperate to unload him and he knew GMs wouldn't take him for free...this is exactly what that'd look like.

1 hour ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

I don't buy this. Why wasn't Holl waived today then? There's nothing timing wise to prevent that.

Waivers go into effect 12 days before the start of the regular season. They last until the day after a team’s playing season.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

No one came out and said Vrana had a drug problem...and then it was announced that he had a drug problem.

It's entirely possible I'm wrong and Walman isn't damaged goods. But if he's damaged goods and Yzerman was desperate to unload him and he knew GMs wouldn't take him for free...this is exactly what that'd look like.

Do you think every gm in the league knew Vrana had a drug problem but not a single media member? I dont buy it.

15 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Do you think every gm in the league knew Vrana had a drug problem but not a single media member? I dont buy it.

OK, you're right, Walman is in very good standing with everyone in the league and that's why we traded Walman and a 2nd for future considerations. It makes much more sense that this is 4D chess and that Grier is going to do us a super-big solid on the d-low.

Sarcasm aside, I'm not saying the 4D chess angle is totally unreasonable. I just think the damaged goods angle fits perfectly. And I think it's borderline-incredible that so many people aren't even considering it as a possible explanation.

Edited by Dabura

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

OK, you're right, Walman is in very good standing with everyone in the league and that's why we traded Walman and a 2nd for future considerations. It makes much more sense that this is 4D chess and that Grier is going to do us a super-big solid on the d-low.

Sarcasm aside, I'm not saying the 4D chess angle is totally unreasonable. I just think the damaged goods angle fits perfectly. And I think it's borderline-incredible that so many people aren't even considering it as a possible explanation.

Im not arguing that he could be damaged goods Im arguing that its unreasonable to think every gm knew it forcing Yzerman to attach a 2nd round pick just to get rid of him but not a single member of the media knew it. 

That super big solid isnt even that big a solid considering he got a serviceable dman on a good contract and a 2nd round pick. That should be the going rate to move a bad contract - aka Justin Holl.

1 minute ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Im not arguing that he could be damaged goods Im arguing that its unreasonable to think every gm knew it forcing Yzerman to attach a 2nd round pick just to get rid of him but not a single member of the media knew it.

It's possible - perhaps even likely - that there are unspoken agreements about such matters. That is: There's some dirty laundry you don't air (if only for legal reasons).

5 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

That super big solid isnt even that big a solid considering he got a serviceable dman on a good contract and a 2nd round pick. That should be the going rate to move a bad contract - aka Justin Holl.

ALRIGHT JAKE GIVE IT UP I KNOW IT'S YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING POSTING ON LGW.COM?

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Maybe he was a problem with other players. When Kane scored in OT in Chicago, Walman was the first to get to him  and he just shoved him out of the way basically. Watch the replay again. 

KR, stfu

Evander Kane still plays in this league

2 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Its the only thing that makes sense. It might not be this but there has to be something else involving SJ and the future considerations. Theres no way Walman goes unclaimed if waived so why attach a very valuable 2nd round pick if theres nothing else to it?

But it doesnt make sense so?

Every outlandish thing is possible except Walman being a s***bag (walman was a s***bag)

Yes everyone knows about yzermans dealings. Including Vrana. Absolutely genius logic. 

Waivers go into effect 12 days before the start of the regular season. They last until the day after a team’s playing season.

They were in effect yesterday. More genius logic from our dumbest poster.

This is possibly the dumbest thing ive ever seen posted. Ur either walman himself or KRsmith.