28 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Yzerman traded a 2nd to get Leddy

He traded Leddy to get a 2nd + Walman

He used that 2nd to draft Andrew Gibson

Then he traded Gibson for a 2nd

And finally he used that 2nd to trade away Walman

No matter how you look at it, we paid SJ a 2nd to enjoy Jake Walman

Here's my theory: this is a 3way deal with the Rags

SJS picked up Goodrow on waivers as a favor to the rags. Walman and the 2nd are the payment for that. Now the Rags will eat salary on Trouba and send him to Detroit for nothing in return.

The SCAM landing the BOW?  I like it.

2 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Walman was most likely too good of friends with Vrana as well. Only junkies think Texas Roadhouse is good. 

There was always something off with that dude.  Edvinsson/Maatta/Johansson/Wallinder/Buium enough down the left hand side for now.

Couple thoughts. 

Yzerman doesnt screw around in net. Friedman reported he's been talking to Verbeek about Gibson. And now there's a report saying he was in on Ullmark, but Ottawa got the deal done first. Now reported that Philly is hot to get Gibson, but Yzerman is lurking.

Moving Walman means Yzerman is probably having a tough time getting someone to take Holl. Buyout might be prudent there. Walman most likely has a personal or injury issue that SY doesnt want to deal with. 

32 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Of course he waited till after the draft presser to pull this scam

I have no idea how to make sense of this, other than that the SCAM got something big up his sleeve. 

Edited by Akakabuto

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, so, so far we've gotten worse this off season. I do wonder what Walman did to get ousted. It's no coincidence this comes after his healthy scratches to end the season. 

That being said, now we need a top pairing LHD. Edvinsson isn't ready for that.

I've read somewhere (cannot recall if it was HF Boards, or Reddit) a poster who knows a Red Wing insinuated that Walman may have been an issue in the locker room - in particular during DBoss absence due to injury...Might explain why Walman didn't play much near the end of the season.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, so, so far we've gotten worse this off season. I do wonder what Walman did to get ousted. It's no coincidence this comes after his healthy scratches to end the season. 

That being said, now we need a top pairing LHD. Edvinsson isn't ready for that.

He was the only D that SY could dump that wasnt overpaid. Probably couldn't get rid of Petry, Chiarot, or Holl, and Maatta was already cheap and did not save much salary.

56 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

I've read somewhere (cannot recall if it was HF Boards, or Reddit) a poster who knows a Red Wing insinuated that Walman may have been an issue in the locker room - in particular during DBoss absence due to injury...Might explain why Walman didn't play much near the end of the season.

That doesn't explain why a 2nd needed to be attached with nothing coming back. He's a prime age Dman who was eating big minutes and on a cheap contract. We should have been getting a 2nd for him, not losing one. 

He did something real BAD. Bad enough that the rest of the league got wind of it and now he's damaged goods. 

No more gritty.

2 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

He did something real BAD. Bad enough that the rest of the league got wind of it and now he's damaged goods. 

38 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Reportedly Walman is a Swifty. Damaged goods. Many such cases.

There it is.

3 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

That doesn't explain why a 2nd needed to be attached with nothing coming back. He's a prime age Dman who was eating big minutes and on a cheap contract. We should have been getting a 2nd for him, not losing one. 

Good lesson on how much there is going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about. Always grading trades and signings at face value but never knowing the personal aspect of it

2 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Walman was most likely too good of friends with Vrana as well. Only junkies think Texas Roadhouse is good. 

You also are forgetting he is Jewish. Anti-Semitism is apparently hip with Zoomers now.

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Good lesson on how much there is going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about. Always grading trades and signings at face value but never knowing the personal aspect of it

And poor Kiiskanen is getting ignored bc of his dancing boy ass.

That trade was solidddd. Kiss was selected only 26 spots after Gibson and SY got another 2nd with it. Glancing at Kiiskanens numbers in binlan he looks like a solid prospect too. 

Too bad we had to waste the extra 2nd on another career fuq up.

30 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Rumor is the future considerations is Grier has to claim Holl off waivers couldnt be included in the trade because San Jose is on his notrade list. If thats what this is its a masterclass by Yzerman clearing up $6.8m to go big game hunting.

Would that be legal? It would be pretty obiovous that they’re working around his NTC. 

22 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Rumor is the future considerations is Grier has to claim Holl off waivers couldnt be included in the trade because San Jose is on his notrade list. If thats what this is its a masterclass by Yzerman clearing up $6.8m to go big game hunting.

I don't buy this. Why wasn't Holl waived today then? There's nothing timing wise to prevent that. Also why would a 2nd have to be included? Walman for free should be worth enough as is. 

I digress... There's 2 users on HF boards asserting they have some level of inside knowledge. 1 is a well known user who's father briefly played for the wings way back when, and i dont think hes a liar. He says the orders to bench Walman down the stretch came directly from up top... because Walman sucks. He might be right about management ordering his benching, but I think "bc he sucks" is his own reasoning to explain why (he doesn't like walmans play). User 2 is somebody im much less familiar with and he says that coaching and management were sick of his partying away from the rink and massive ego in the lockeroom, and his antics have become well known.

My guess is something happened during the Arizona/Vegas road trip that was the last straw for Yzerman. Walman was benched during/after that trip i believe. Something happened in vegas and it didnt stay there. 

I believe the buyout window opens tomorrow and Holl will be bought out. Leaving us with this:

Chiarot - Seider

Edvinsson - Petry

Maata - Johansson 

But now Lebrun claims we are still trying to add Ghost. Not what I would do, but maybe he is the best option for the right side in our price range. Because another insider is saying Yzerman is lurking on a Guentzel trade...

Just now, Akakabuto said:

Dancing boy?

Walsatan

48 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Please keep Rumors in the Rumors thread.

Thanks,

Rumors Thread Manager