• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

45 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Are you implying that sexual orientation is a preference? Not very woke of you.

My sexual orientation is wanting to fugg the bumble bee guy from the simpsons

14 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Not really thou. Bro is average AF. Hence why SY got Treygod.

WRONG.

Cossa has identical numbers to WallGOD in the AHL. And is mopping the floor with him as the year goes on. Which is expected because we all knew Cossa would improve and WallGOD would plateau like the soulless goaliebot he is. 

Otherwise, fugg whom ever you like. Free country free love brah

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

WRONG.

Cossa has identical numbers to WallGOD in the AHL. And is mopping the floor with him as the year goes on. Which is expected because we all knew Cossa would improve and WallGOD would plateau like the soulless goaliebot he is. 

Cossa is 6'7"!!!

11 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

WRONG.

I was comparing Cossa to Treygod - not walnuts

regard

It's pretty hard to find streams for Griffins games. If anyone wants to watch them I'd recommend doing the "Single Day Pass" option for AHL games, which is $8 per day. Not much different than buying a nosebleed ticket Van Andel arena.

So ASP is the top scoring under 21 Dman in the SHL.

He's 18.

He has 19 pts in 39 games. The next best under 19 Dman in the SHL (there's only 5 in the entire league) has 4 pts in 37 games.

I think it's fair to say he will be signing his ELC this summer.

This kid is on the Seider path of fast track to the NHL. The only difference being is I have no idea how good his actual defense is, and I have no idea if his smaller frame can handle the physicality of NA hockey yet. But he is playing with SHL men, so I am very encouraged.

Best case scenario: ASP joins the Griffins next year, and after next year we have 20 year old "Makar-style" Dman on the 3rd line. But that's very ambitious.

This is why we should stll be selling. Still be waiting. Still be patient.

In 3 years half our defense at the very least will be Seider, Eddogg, ASP, our goalies Cossa and Augistine, and our forwards will be graduating names like Danielson Kasper and co. Then we swing.

Edited by Troy McClure

Danielson:

He had 26 pts in 26 games (+6) for the Wheat Kings this season. Pretty impressive for being on a bad team.

Now that he's on the Winterhawks... 19 pts in 12 games (+11).

This is what you want to see. He will be holding Bedard scoreless in Wings Hawks games very soon.

Having good seasons this year:

Andrew Gibson
Trey Augustine
Emmitt Finnie
Dimitri Buchnelikov
Anton Johansson
Shai Buium
Red Savage

Kinda disappointing so far:

Brady Cleveland
Noah Dower-Nilsson
Dylan James

Honorable mention: Brennan Ali - doesn't score a lot but looks like he could be an ideal bottom 6er one day still

11 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Having good seasons this year:

Andrew Gibson
Trey Augustine
Emmitt Finnie
Dimitri Buchnelikov
Anton Johansson
Shai Buium
Red Savage

Kinda disappointing so far:

Brady Cleveland
Noah Dower-Nilsson
Dylan James

Honorable mention: Brennan Ali - doesn't score a lot but looks like he could be an ideal bottom 6er one day still

Wings sent McIsaac packing for Europe.  Wouldnt be surprised to see ASP in Detroit in April.  Our defense gets an instant shot in the arm once Edvinsson and ASP reolace Chiarot and Petry.  Im in complete agreement with you on THIS season.  We need to LOSE BIG the rest of the way and snag one more top end prospect (Liam Greentree).  How do you feel about Maatta?  Im REALLY liking him as our 3rd pairing LHD.  Im wondering who will step up and claim the #6 and #7 D spots.  Wallinder, Tuomisto, Buium, Johansson, Johansson, etc.  They all seem to be stalling right now.  We need a few to take the next step.

4 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Wings sent McIsaac packing for Europe.  Wouldnt be surprised to see ASP in Detroit in April.  Our defense gets an instant shot in the arm once Edvinsson and ASP reolace Chiarot and Petry.  Im in complete agreement with you on THIS season.  We need to LOSE BIG the rest of the way and snag one more top end prospect (Liam Greentree).  How do you feel about Maatta?  Im REALLY liking him as our 3rd pairing LHD.  Im wondering who will step up and claim the #6 and #7 D spots.  Wallinder, Tuomisto, Buium, Johansson, Johansson, etc.  They all seem to be stalling right now.  We need a few to take the next step.

While I like the idea of ONE MORE pick. I also think the "core" needs to start experiencing the playoffs and what it takes to get in. We are bubble team this year for sure i.e. bouncing between 1/2 wild card.

We are sitting at the 19th pick without any movement up/down and -6 points away from 10th place to get into lottery. So much like looking up into playoffs we need help to drop down. This is called purgatory no real easy path to go up or down. 

I still think the next 3 games will tell us a lot of which way we will move going forward and whether Mr Y is a seller. I don't see us being a buyer even if we were sitting 3rd in Atlantic. 

we can make the playoffs, get a middling 1st round pick, then package it with Berggren to move up some spots. This team isn't going to be much worse even if you trade all pending UFAs, so not much movement upward in the draft.it would make more sense to me to stay the course and get some playoff experience for the younger guys.