• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

In speculative news that doesn't involve Perry or Kane, what do we think is wrong with Larkin? Because he's been playing injured for a while and it would absolutely crater our season to lose him or have him playing at 80% the whole season.

12 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

In speculative news that doesn't involve Perry or Kane, what do we think is wrong with Larkin? Because he's been playing injured for a while and it would absolutely crater our season to lose him or have him playing at 80% the whole season.

Def lower body IMO. His skating isn’t there. That’s all I got. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Didn't someone crosscheck him or something a while back? Or his knee bent the wrong way...? I remember him leaving a game and I remember being surprised when he returned from the locker room and played the rest of the game, but I don't remember the deets.

Edited by Dabura

12 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I remember a game where he got tangled up in the faceoff circle and got bent weirdly. If my old memory serves me he was helped off the ice and I was "oh sheet" then he came back and played.

But he hasn't been the same since. I am guessing a sprained MCL as I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and got my Dr certification. 

Whelp I decided to google "Dylan Larkin injury" and got this https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2023/11/07/dylan-larkin-nursing-injury-robby-fabbri-back-for-detroit-red-wings/71476343007/ so it was the Boston game Nov 4 and it was the Rat who hurt him. 

I am heading up for the Dec 14 game so going to be pissed if Larkin doesn't play especially against the Canes. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added info

17 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

17 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

To be fair I was thinking upper body, but then again I'm not watching as many games this year.

Its upper and lower body. WBI. Whole body injury.

Seravalli reporting that there was an alcohol fueled incident involving Perry at a team function on Nov 17th. Team employees and corporate sponsors were in attendance. 

Ive also been seeing folks on twitter saying he was seen wandering around Columbus drunk after their game there.

Guessing hes just got a drinking problem and either got in a fight or got handsy with a lady at the team function.

5 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Hockey players seem to like their alcohol

"I'd like to DIRECTLY apologize to those who have been negatively affected"...indirectly referencing them, anonymously, in a press release. 

What a dumbf*ck.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

What's the deal with Stamkos? I haven't heard anything about this?

He is annoyed that he is in the final year of his contract and the team has not approached him about an extension. Detroit gets brought up as a potential trade partner because of Yzerman. 

7 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

”A team to watch out for in the Stamkos sweepstakes is DET”
-Friedman

Thoughts?

I said this in the "bold predictions" thread. I can see him coming here at least via UFA in July.

Nevermind, I did not mention Stamkos there. But I can still see him becoming a Red Wing at least via UFA. I don't think I'd wanna trade for him, unless it'd just cost a cheap package. 

Where did Friedman say this? I cannot find on his X account. 

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

I don't see it. Paying for him at the TDL as a rental doesn't make much sense for us and I don't think we should offer him a contract in the summer.

Tampa should be in the playoff mix so I doubt they'll move him. As for signing him as a UFA, it depends on what happens with Kane. If Kane works out and Yzerman extends him, I doubt he'll sink money and term into another 35+ forward. 

If we need offense at the deadline I'd target Tommy Novak. He's 26, going to be a UFA, and really good offensively. He'd be a nice piece that we could sign for a few years. I'm all set on Stamkos.

Edited by kipwinger