• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

Yes very true, and I heard him say that. Thats why I hate that we didn't take a 2 year break from ND. ND is usually a power, or a well above average team, and it's risky scheduling another big time school for the future, with ND already in the fold because you could have 2 loses right off the bat. I also heard Martin talk about Georgia, Texas, and some other powers, but I'm sure the Delaware will happen over those type of teams. I would LOVE to take a short break from ND, and get a home and home with Miami, USC, or Va Tech like OSU is doing. Is ND still going to play Oklahoma even with Michigan on the schedule still?

Yes, Notre Dame will play both OU and UM in 2012 and 2013.

Good job by the Spartans today. It was an ugly win, but I'll take it.

Games like today are why I believe that Dantonio is the right man for MSU and why I have 100% faith in him. Under JLS, this game would have been a loss and it would have been Same Ole Spartans. They interviewed Izzo during the game and he talked about Dantonio wanting to stay at least 10 years. In my mind, like Izzo, Dantonio can stay as long as he wants.

Ugggghhh, more growing pains.....

Does Rodriquez dip the football in baby oil every time the we come out? These fumbles are getting beyond ridiculous! We may finish with more fumbles this year, then Lloyd Carr's teams had in his whole career

Ugggghhh, more growing pains.....

Does Rodriquez dip the football in baby oil every time the we come out? These fumbles are getting beyond ridiculous! We may finish with more fumbles this year, then Lloyd Carr's teams had in his whole career

My dad loves to talk about how poor a coach Lloyd Carr was. He was also very excited to get Rodriguez, although he would have preferred Les Miles (and blames not having Miles on Lloyd Carr). So I asked him why this year's team with Rich Rodriquez was doing so poorly. He said part of the problem was that it was Lloyd Carr's crappy players.

Yeah...because we never saw a Lloyd Carr team do well when it had Lloyd Carr's players.

My dad loves to talk about how poor a coach Lloyd Carr was. He was also very excited to get Rodriguez, although he would have preferred Les Miles (and blames not having Miles on Lloyd Carr). So I asked him why this year's team with Rich Rodriquez was doing so poorly. He said part of the problem was that it was Lloyd Carr's crappy players.

Yeah...because we never saw a Lloyd Carr team do well when it had Lloyd Carr's players.

Sounds like ND fans talking about Jabba and Ty. I wonder how long they'll be using that excuse.

Lloyd Carr always had good success recruiting. The problems though is many of Carr's players don't fit RR's system. I bet if you asked RR behind closed doors there are probably 15-20 players he would never have recruited. On top of that every position is so young, especially at the skilled positions on offense, and the OL is awful.

If Les Miles, or Schino was here you would still have a ton of growing pains because they would also be learning a new offense (probably very similar though to Carr's though), would still have a horrible OL, a lot of freshmen playing, and would still have Threet playing QB (I say that because I believe Mallett was leaving no matter what happened). You would still have Boren playing, and MAYBE Arrington and/or Manningham, which would have helped, but I don't know how much because of the QB.

Last season before Carr retired I said this year was going to be a down year. If you're going to make such a drastic change in philosophies this might as well be the year.

This happens all over...Saban was 6-6 his 1st season at Bama, Tressel 7-5, Carrol 6-6, Stoops 7-5, Rodriquez 3-8, etc. Most coaches don't get success over night

Is anyone missing an offensive line? UVA seems to have found one laying around somewhere. It's a little bit used - we borrowed it for the Maryland game since we didn't have one of our own - but the rightful owners should probably have it back, if they'd care to claim it. If not we'll gladly use it for the rest of the year, since it was such a pain not having one for the first four games.

Not that I mind finally having one, mind you. Especially against Maryland, whose fans are the trashiest bunch of assholes ever to disgrace a stadium. But not without humor.....this is pretty funny right here:

Teams Better At Football Than Maryland

It's really not an excuse either - it's the absolute truth.

It's Jabba's fourth season at ND. If I'm not mistaken, ND doesn't tend to redshirt players (I read this somewhere, I could be wrong). The team is his guys. But if you want to keep telling yourself its Ty's fault that Jabba has beat less ranked teams than Ty did, or that the biggest win under the Weis' regime is almost beating USC, feel free.

It's Jabba's fourth season at ND. If I'm not mistaken, ND doesn't tend to redshirt players (I read this somewhere, I could be wrong). The team is his guys. But if you want to keep telling yourself its Ty's fault that Jabba has beat less ranked teams than Ty did, or that the biggest win under the Weis' regime is almost beating USC, feel free.

I agree.

anyone willing to say that Michigan will keep their bowl streak alive?

They need 4 more wins to qualify. Here is the remaining schedule.

Toledo

at (6) Penn State

(23) Michigan State

at Purdue

Minnesota

Northwestern

at (12) Ohio State

Just curious.

It's an uphill battle for UM.

I don't know much about Toledo, but apparently they have some crazy offense that puts up lots of points. I think Michigan gets the win, but its a tossup.

This will finally be the year that PSU beats UM. Mark this one as a loss.

MSU should be favored, but the game is at the big pit and MSU has been snakebit against UM 3 of the last 4 years. Between Stanton getting hurt in 04, no kicking game in 05, and reverting to JLS defense in 07, the Spartans find ways to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm going to say MSU gets the win, but it will be closer than people expect.

Purdue has a pretty lousy defense, I think UM wins here, even if it is on the road.

Minny is off to a good start but they really don't have any good wins. I'll give UM the win since its at home, but I won't be surprised to see a Gopher victory.

Northwestern. Another tossup game. I think this game will depend a lot on how the rest of NW's season goes. If the Wildcats come in on a hotstreak, they'll win. If they've been beat up, UM wins. I'll take UM in a close one.

OSU. The Vest continues his winning ways.

4 wins and 3 losses, that would put UM at 6-6. Motor City Bowl?

It's an uphill battle for UM.

I don't know much about Toledo, but apparently they have some crazy offense that puts up lots of points. I think Michigan gets the win, but its a tossup.

This will finally be the year that PSU beats UM. Mark this one as a loss.

MSU should be favored, but the game is at the big pit and MSU has been snakebit against UM 3 of the last 4 years. Between Stanton getting hurt in 04, no kicking game in 05, and reverting to JLS defense in 07, the Spartans find ways to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm going to say MSU gets the win, but it will be closer than people expect.

Purdue has a pretty lousy defense, I think UM wins here, even if it is on the road.

Minny is off to a good start but they really don't have any good wins. I'll give UM the win since its at home, but I won't be surprised to see a Gopher victory.

Northwestern. Another tossup game. I think this game will depend a lot on how the rest of NW's season goes. If the Wildcats come in on a hotstreak, they'll win. If they've been beat up, UM wins. I'll take UM in a close one.

OSU. The Vest continues his winning ways.

4 wins and 3 losses, that would put UM at 6-6. Motor City Bowl?

You nailed everything on the head there. I'm still up in the air on the question. 6-6 won't guarantee U-M to a bowl game if Minny, and NW win a few more. If OSU/PSU both go to BCS bowls, which is still possible it will make it much easier to go bowling if they go 6-6. I've been saying I expect U-M to pull a shocker out by upsetting one of PSU, OSU, or MSU, and I've been saying they will lay one more egg which could be Toledo, or my prediction Minnesota.

anyone willing to say that Michigan will keep their bowl streak alive?

They need 4 more wins to qualify. Here is the remaining schedule.

Toledo

at (6) Penn State

(23) Michigan State

at Purdue

Minnesota

Northwestern

at (12) Ohio State

Just curious.

Yes. I say we get wins against all of those but OSU and PSU.

Honestly, I am a bit worried about the MSU vs UM game. Every year MSU has found a way to choke in that game. It is also the week after we play OSU, so I am guessing that State will probably be battling some injuries.

On a side note, MSU vs OSU has been moved to a 3:30 kick and will be broadcast on ABC.

You nailed everything on the head there. I'm still up in the air on the question. 6-6 won't guarantee U-M to a bowl game if Minny, and NW win a few more. If OSU/PSU both go to BCS bowls, which is still possible it will make it much easier to go bowling if they go 6-6. I've been saying I expect U-M to pull a shocker out by upsetting one of PSU, OSU, or MSU, and I've been saying they will lay one more egg which could be Toledo, or my prediction Minnesota.

Trust me, the Motor City Bowl would take a 6-6 Michigan team over even a 9-3 Northwestern team......The game would be a sellout, with NW they would be lucky to draw 30,000 people. Hell people would probably pay double for the tickets.

Trust me, the Motor City Bowl would take a 6-6 Michigan team over even a 9-3 Northwestern team......The game would be a sellout, with NW they would be lucky to draw 30,000 people. Hell people would probably pay double for the tickets.

I think Northwestern has a better shot at winning the Big Ten then Ohio State or Penn State if you look at the remaining schedule.

Michigan State

Purdue

at Indiana

at Minnesota

(12) Ohio State

at Michigan

Illinois

Michigan is their only tough road game left. Ohio State and Penn State still has to play each other as well as Michigan State has to play both. Nortwestern could sneek in and get at least a share of the Big Ten title...especially if they defeat Michigan State this saturday.

The MCB would love Michigan. But with the way the Big 10 is looking right now, 6-6 might not be enough, especially if the Big 10 only sends one team to the BCS.

The MCB would love Michigan. But with the way the Big 10 is looking right now, 6-6 might not be enough, especially if the Big 10 only sends one team to the BCS.

last year the Big Ten had 10 teams with 6 wins. No team that finished with 6 wins made a bowl game. It took 7 last year. I honestly don't see Michigan getting 7 wins.

I found this video this morning and thought some of the other spartans on this board might enjoy it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I can't watch this bulls***! I've never felt like this before! I've seen them get wasted by McNabb, and Banks at Iowa. I was at the App State game, and the feeling I have is worse. It's F***ing Toledo!!!! I don't care if Threet is 0 for 35. I NEVER want to see Sheridan ever again on the field even if U-M is blowing the other team out!! This is like the Lions where the punter is the best player on the team. JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow i thought that rant would make me feel better, and it didn't!!!!